While in our classrooms, your student will be learning about these topics and developing the ability to:
Seventh (7) Grade and Eighth (8) Grade
- Create specific, testable questions which include variables (science) that are specific and solvable (engineering). Includes rationale for and value of question/problem asked.
- Show changes to phenomena or system based on a change in one or more input variables.
- Carries out investigations with a hypothesis, independent and dependent variables, and controls are correctly identified; an acceptable number of trials are used; valid measurement methods are used with materials needed.
- Applies concepts of mean, median, range, mode; and uses probability to identify relationships of variables.
- Independently and correctly apply:
- Basic operations and/or simple algebra
- To solve scientific and engineering questions and problems
Construct an explanation or design a solution based on scientific principles, an experiment, and other reliable sources (experts, models, laws, or theories) that explains why the data is important to the conclusion.
- Student’s argument cites important evidence from student- selected multiple, credible sources and asks and answers complex questions with informed explanations.
- Student can use information presented on a topic including data to support findings from multiple sources that are compared and evaluated (bias, credibility, accuracy, and methods used) and effectively communicate the information to a variety of audiences.